Friday, November 9, 2012

Dear Nightcrawler - Be My Valentine Contest - 3rd Place Winner

Dear Nightcrawler - By Jessica S.

Nightcrawler_02_10272004

 

Nightcrawler,

It's that time of year again, 
Where in comes the pink, 
And out goes my Zen. 

Oh, who would my hero be?
I think--my comics!
An arrow hits me, 

BAMF!—and a smile once again
Fills up the panels, 
With blues that brighten.

Foreign phrases n'er ignored, 
Demonic features-
A creature with sword! 

Yet so angelic at heart, 
I know you'll say yes, 
So here is my part- 

Kurt Wagner, will you be Mine? 
I won't be alone-
(Amanda won't mind.)

A thought then fills me with dread 
Forgotten, but now,
...I'm sorry, you're dead!

Liebe Grüße,


Jessica

 

###

Well, this contest was all about love, so how could we deny everyone who entered a free comic? Still, there were three that received top honors, and here's the 3rd place entry. On top of that, Jessica has the honor of being the first poem to our comics blog.

We're going to share all of the entries, one at a time, until we get to 1st place. We hope you enjoyed this one as much as we did. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment